Ace has been in the business of recycling in the Black Hills for over twenty-five years! We'll pay for your iron scrap, so you'll benefit in three ways; you'll clean up your property, put some cash in your pocket, and have the satisfaction of knowing you've done the right thing by recycling!
Ferrous metals are able to be recycled with steel being one of the most recycled materials in the world. Ferrous metals contain an appreciable percentage of iron and the addition of carbon and other substances creates steel.
Common Types Of Scrap Used In Recycling
- Heavy melting steel. Industrial or commercial scrap steel greater than 1/8" thick, such as plates, beams, columns, channels; may also include scrap machinery or implements or certain metal stampings.
- Old car bodies. Vehicles with or without interiors and their original wheels.
- Cast iron. Cast iron baths, machinery, pipe and engine blocks.
- Light Gauge or Tin. Domestic scrap metal up to approx. 1/8" thick. Examples - White goods (stoves, washing machines, dryers etc.), roofing iron, water heaters, water tanks and sheet metal offcuts.
- Re-inforcing bars or mesh. Used in the construction industry within concrete.
- Rails. Rail or tram tracks.